Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is one of the oldest herbal medicines used by healers throughout history. The chief medicinal and therapeutic ingredient in the oregano leaf is carvacrol, a monoterpenoid phenol.
Team Plants professional strength oregano oil capsules are wild, mediterranean, and non-GMO, guaranteed!
Oregano oil is a powerful antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, anticancer, and anti-inflammatory remedy, which is very safe to use with low risk of side effects. Oregano is especially effective against the following common disorders, among others:
- Respiratory tract disorders (i.e. coughs, asthma, croup, and bronchitis);
- Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders (i.e. heartburn/acid reflux, gas, bloating, ulcerative colitis, Chron's disease, and other inflammatory bowel diseases);
- Skin disorders (i.e. acne, athlete's foot, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, ringworm, warts, dandruff, rashes, and cold sores);
- Cardiovascular disorders (especially when caused by inflammation and/or bacterial infection);
- Cold and flu, sinus pain, allergies, urinary tract infections (UTIs), menstrual cramps, headaches, rheumatoid arthritis, gingivitis, toothaches, intestinal parasites, and fatigue.
Figure 1.1 The Biological Properties of Carvacrol, the Chief Medicinal Component of Oregano. (1)
Anticancer properties of carvacrol have been reported in preclinical models of breast, liver, and lung carcinomas, acting on proapoptotic processes (which cause death of the problematic cancer cells). (2)
More than a pizza topping, Oregano is nature's original antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal agent!
Carvacrol exhibits rapid antibacterial activity against Streptococcus pyogenes through cell membrane damage, which is the bacteria that causes streptococcal pharyngitis aka "strep throat" (a very common bacterial infection globally). Carvacrol alone, or combined with clindamycin or penicillin, is a safe and effective natural health product for managing strep throat. (3)
- Organic certified
- NSF GMP certified
- FDA OTC registered
- KOF-K Kosher certified
- Corn, soy, and GMO-free
- Never fumigated or irradiated
- The most effective extraction techniques
- Maximum efficacy, potency, and stability
This product is an excellent pair with the Team Plants organic elderberry fruit syrup to optimize your immune system!
1 veggie cap: 510 mg oil of oregano (45 mg pure oregano oil which provides 32 mg carvacrol), wild mediterranean oregano leaf (origanum vulgare) guaranteed to contain at least 70% carvacrol
Other: Non-GMO soy lecithin, vegetable cellulose, extra virgin olive oil
General health maintenance: 1 capsule, 1 to 3 times per day with water.
Acute symptoms: 2 to 3 capsules, 3 times per day with water.
Avoid use during pregnancy and/or lactation. If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical medications, first consult with your doctor before using this herbal product. Keep out of the reach of children. Use only as directed on label. Safety sealed for your protection. Keep bottle capped when not using and store in a cool dry place.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
1. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2013 May; 55(3).
2. Phytotherapy Research Journal. 2018 Sep;32(9):1675-1687.
3. Scientific Reports. 2021 Jan 15;11(1):1487.